Volunteer Rules & Policy
What Makes a Great Rhythm N’ Blooms Volunteer?
Rhythm N’ Blooms seeks volunteers who are:
- Committed to promoting a positive environment for Festival attendees.
- Passionate about people.
- Team players that staff and fellow volunteers can rely on.
- Enthusiastic about music.
As a volunteer, it is crucial to know your importance to the overall Festival success and to know you are being entrusted with the organization’s resources and facilities. We strive to cultivate lasting experiences that allow our volunteers to advance the Festival’s success, while also providing you with the opportunity to see the behind-the-scenes activities of the Festival.
If you love listening to fantastic music, meeting new people, helping others and simply knowing that you are a part of making a difference in your community then volunteering with Rhythm N’ Blooms Music Festival is perfect for you!
What are the requirements to be a Volunteer at Rhythm N’ Blooms Music Festival?
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older on or before May 1, 2017.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers will be provided a t-shirt to wear while working and are asked to take it off while not working.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol or illegal drugs for volunteers.
- If you are caught under the influence, stealing, or passing your volunteer credentials during your shift, you will lose your access to the festival.
- Accepted volunteers are given a single day GA pass to the festival for every 4 hour shift worked. You must trade in your volunteer credential to receive your wristband.
- Once you’ve received the wristbands, you can keep it or give it to a friend, but once it is worn, it becomes non-transferrable.
What are the shifts like?
Festival shifts are typically 4 hours, except for late night shifts which usually run shorter.
We have a limited amount of pre-festival volunteer shifts and those shifts are also 4 total hours between April 6-8, 2018.
Plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your first assigned shift.
How do I apply?
- Read through all of the information and requirements to become a Rhythm N’ Blooms volunteer.
- Fill out the Rhythm N’ Blooms Music Festival volunteer application. Please ensure you provide a valid e-mail address. This is how you will be contacted between now and the festival. You must be available to work the full length of your shift.
- Rhythm N’ Blooms will notify you via email for all communication. Please remember that the trick is to be flexible and be willing to lend a helping hand!
- Check-in information will be sent to you prior to the event. You will be notified of your shifts and the check-in location via e-mail. When you arrive, you will be given your volunteer t-shirt and volunteer credential . Once you finish you your shift, you can trade out your credential for a single day pass.
- If you are wearing a volunteer credential, you will be expected to be working in your volunteer position. Anyone found with a credential after their shift, will forfeit pass and lose access to the rest of the festival.
- Show up on time. Work hard. Enjoy the festival. Make sure you check in and out for each shift! Remember, all Rhythm N’ Blooms volunteers are expected to dress appropriately, wearing their Rhythm N’ Blooms volunteer t-shirt and closed-toe shoes, and to take off their volunteer t-shirts while not working.
- Please come prepared to work outside in the elements. Bring sunscreen and stay hydrated! Please be aware that storage space is limited for staff and volunteers. Please leave valuables at home.
- If for any reason you need to cancel, be sure to cancel your application in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3rd, 2018.
Where will I be working? Can I choose where I will be placed?
You will be assigned to a volunteer shift based on festival needs and your skills. You will find out what shifts you will be working when you arrive to Volunteer Check-In on the festival footprint.
Some of the possibilities include:
- Artist Check-In
- Catering Assistance
- Dogwood Tent/ Volunteer Check-In
- VIP Hospitality
- Venue Services – All Venues
- Dogwood Tent/ VIP Check-In
- VIP Viewing Area
- Perimeter & Parking
- Artist Hospitality
- Beverage Sales
- Artist ‘Runner
- Footprint Clean Up
- Festival Info Booth
What are the perks of being a Rhythm N’ Blooms volunteer?
◦ Attend the festival at your leisure outside of your work shifts
◦ Participate in the inner-workings of the 2018 Rhythm N’ Blooms Music Festival
◦ Get a Rhythm N’ Blooms volunteer t-shirt
◦ Have an awesome experience!
My friend is also volunteering. Can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
We have several roles and areas and while we do our best to group friends and family together, It’s unlikely a team of 5+ will all be working in the same assignment or same location together.
This is where our Volunteer Buddy system comes in. Provide us with the name of one or two friends or family as your Volunteer Buddy during the application process, encourage them to sign up through Volunteer Knoxville, and we will do our best to place you together when you are assigned! Feel free to email us at email@example.com for questions or concerns.
How can I assure that I get on my preferred volunteer crew?
There are no guarantees of volunteer crew placements. If you have special skills that would make you a better fit for a certain crew, please note that on the application. We appreciate your flexibility and willingness to lend a helping hand!
Is transportation or accommodation provided?
No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. There is no lodging or accommodation provided for volunteers.
I already bought a ticket, but I would still like to help out for a few hours. Can I do that?
Sure! All helpers are welcome. Feel free to sign up on Volunteer Knoxville for whatever shift you are available for. We ask that you only sign up for shifts you are available for all 4 hours of that shift. You can also earn passes for a family member or a friend. Passes earned through the volunteer program have no cash value and resell of these wristbands are prohibited.
If your question is not answered in these FAQs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we receive an overwhelming number of emails and will try to answer your emails as quickly as possible.